Thursday, May 1, 2008

Michelle Obama in downtown Durham Friday

UPDATE: I snapped some pix over at the Armory just a few minutes ago and I'll upload them in a bit. I saw Jim Neal working the crowd and maybe Harvey Gantt there too--not sure of that, only a glimpse.

The line was down the block and 'round the corner at the Armory. At 11:35am (the doors were going to open at 11:30) some fellow from the Obama campaign announced to the line-standers that Michelle Obama's plane was STILL on the ground in Chicago due to 'weather.' Crowd groaned. I hoofed it back to my office at that point.

Michelle Obama will appear at a get-out-the-vote event Friday in Durham. The program starts at 12:30 p.m. at the Durham Armory, 220 Foster St. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.

The events are free and open to the public, but tickets are required. To receive a ticket by e-mail, go to http://www.nc.barackobama.com/.

Since it's near my office, I'll pop over and take a few pictures of what's going on, although I don't have an official ticket.

No comments: