Tuesday, January 8, 2008

File Under: Schedenfreude

Bill Kristol's first column for the NYT's has a whoopsie.

Jane Smiley must have a big smiley about this, given her big drop-kick of the NYT to which she has contributed:

Next week, I am really going to miss The New York Times. For years now, I have spent at least part of every morning reading the Times, and I love its variety. In addition, I have had a long and enjoyable writer's relationship with the Times. I've written for the magazine, the Travel Section, the Book Review, and the Op-Ed page (once I wrote in favor of divorce, and they received a gratifying hail of shocked, shocked shocked! letters in response). On the day I heard the first rumor about my Pulitzer Prize, I was working with one of the Book Review editors. In a state of disbelief, I asked her if she had heard anything.


She goes on to tell here why the addition of Kristol was the last straw for her. And does it with great style.

No comments: