Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Taste of India" opening June 1st.

We decided to have some Chinese food for dinner and went over to one of our favorite places, Eastern Lights on University Drive--behind Target. Eastern Lights has the best dish, Baby Eggplant in Garlic Sauce, that we always get. Highly recommend that.

The exciting thing was that beside Eastern Lights, there used to be an El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant, but now the sign says "Taste of India" and the handwritten sign on the door says "Opening June 1st."

I couldn't resist peeking inside (well, the curtain was pushed back after all) and there were some people eating at one of the tables near the window, but I suspect it might've been friends or family of the owners/employees. I couldn't get a good look inside because I didn't want to freak the people out who were trying to eat.

Not really finding anything much out about it by googling the name.

At any rate, can't wait to try this place out, and I thought you might want to give it a try too!

2 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

I have a hard time eating anything with the word "baby" in it, but to each their own. :-)

Thanks for the heads up. More good Indian is a great thing.

Back in February I went hunting for an Indian restaurant while traveling in Mexico. What is Hindi for "nada"? I was in a metro area of 1 million people, and no Indian restaurants. Instead, I ended up that night with mediocre sushi. Dang.

Anonymous said...

You know the El Rodeo moved up the street to where that Steak-Dinner Theatre place was? In the Toys R Us shopping center? Mmmm, I love El Rodeo.