Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nick Lowe really is the Jesus of Cool

Update: Holden Richards has a great review of the evening at his blog.

Before leaving town for MerleFest tomorrow, we were lucky enough to catch Nick Lowe's show tonight at the Carrboro Arts Center. Ron Sexsmith was the opener.

Lowe was fantastic, as was expected. My companion for the evening is a Nick Lowe disciple so she was in heaven. It was great to hear "What's So Funny About Peace Love & Understanding" and "Cruel to be Kind" but the few he played off his recent album were catchy tunes as well. He played for 90 minutes to a crowd that was obviously way into him.

We are lucky to live in a place with such good music happening all around us all the time.

I snapped some pix with my camera phone:



Ron Sexsmith is a talented singer-songwriter as well. They also did a duet together at the end of the show that was outstanding.

Sexsmith:

1 comment:

Jeff Hart said...

transcendent show. so happy the two of you were next to me, as well as other fine friends. ron's opener is alluded in my blog today as well. "former glory" took my breath away.