Saturday, November 29, 2008

Durham Performing Arts Center Open House

If you are interested in checking out the new Durham Perfoming Arts Center, it will be open to the the public this Monday evening, December 1st, for an Open House starting at 5:30pm. The Plensa sculpture will be dedicated at 6pm, and there will be self-guided tours of the building available, live entertainment, and refreshments. I drove by there tonight on my way back to Durham from my Thanksgiving festivities, and it was beautiful, so I took a picture:


Couldn't resist a few shots across the street of Durham's new "Old Bull" sign (which is moving neon--you can see the full movement here at Bull City Rising):




Both the new Durham Performing Arts Center and the Old Bull sign (click for a larger picture) :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pix, DBP! We stopped by yesterday for the Friends of DPAC open house. Great venue...great seats...great deep stage. WRAL says the furthest seat is just 135 feet away from the stage. I hope butts fill the seats (to that end, I hope DPAC books stuff I want to see)!