Monday, January 12, 2009

Something on fire south of American Tobacco

It's smoky outside and as of about 10:30pm this was what it looked like south of American Tobacco. I didn't get close but it looks like the big ladder truck was there. Lots of smoke and sometimes flames seen. Lots of sirens and the news helicopter too.

You can click the pic to make it larger.



Maybe it just looked big, but whatever it is, it's throwing off a lot of smoke.

UPDATE:
I think it must've been this fire. I hope the firefighter will be okay.

2 comments:

Marsosudiro said...

Curious questions: where were you shooting from, and what were you doing there at 10:30 p.m.?

We don't see many photos-from-high in Durham, and I'm always psyched when one shows up.

Durham Bull Pen said...

I was on the top level of the parking deck at the ATC. A friend (who knows my propensity for odd adventures) saw the flames and smoke and asked me if I wanted to see if we could see it from the top of the parking deck.

DBP